I had the pleasure of spending some quality time with my good friend and favorite lawyer Mitch Jackson when I had the honor of being featured on his new show, please check out the episode at The Social Media Professor on The Human Side Interviews. During this talk, we covered grounds in areas such as:
- How my background from Engineering school and subsequent exposure to international relations in a B2B context while traveling the globe interviewing executives led me to study business relationships and social networks even before the Internet took off.
- How I teach social media marketing in my classes.
- Why embracing emerging social technologies and continually staying up-to-date is critical to stay relevant.
- How to balance the privacy concerns of individuals with the benefits of marketers being better able to serve consumers when they know more about us.
- Global social media or how social media technologies are used in different cultures such as in the US, Europe and in Asia.
- How the human side of relationships can be preserved in online communications.
- The favorite networking strategies for business and for a more fun-filled life 🙂
Please feel free to share your reactions on this interview either on Mitch's interview episode page or in the comments' section below. You should also make sure that you bookmark The Human Side Interviews for many other interviews. I have found the ones I have listened to so far both very enjoyable and extremely valuable.