This has been a very intensive week with the “Business in Scandinavia Bootcamp” in preparation for the travel part our Chapman University MBA travel course starting early June. During 15 class hours here on the Chapman University campus, Clas Wihlborg and I briefed the group of 18 MBA students on topics such as:
- Determinants of Scandinavian corporate culture and governance.
- Economic, political and cultural factors affecting strategies for firms entering the Nordic countries and for firms going abroad from there.
- Opportunities and risk-factors in the Scandinavian macroeconomic environment.
- Scandinavian countries’ role in the global economy; industrial structure, trade, foreign direct investment and politics.The Nordic economies in the EU framework. Industrial structure, Trade, FDI, Politics and Business.
- Marketing and Strategy: Scandinavian Examples.
- Ownership and Governance; Law and Politics; Entrepreneurship.
- Culture in the Nordic countries and its marketing implications.
- Scandinavian management models: Towards a Nordic model?
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management as practiced by Scandinavian Multinationals.
- Social Sustainability at IKEA: Experiences of Child Labor in the Supply Chain.
- How Social Media can drive Sustainability.
For more pictures, please click here.